Multi Faceted talents in one soul
By Darshani Abeyrathna
With her dazzling looks and charming personality, she will be noticed by everyone. Bernadine Jayasinghe who is beautiful inside out shared her views with us in order to enlighten the lives of beautiful youngsters out here. It was a great privilege for us to share her ideas in her point of view. Breaking the Glass Ceiling, now she has climbed up the social ladder. Amazingly beautiful young lady would be an inspiration to look up to for all the youngsters.Just envisioning her credentials will make us feel like we've yet to accomplish loads of things in this life.
Q: Let us know a little bit about you
A. I'm Bernadine Jayasinghe a lecturer in a leading university, corporate trainer, entrepreneur, news anchor, TV presenter, Managing Director, CEO and the list goes on. I'm person who loves to keep my feet on the ground and believe the more you achieve, the more become successful; you should be humble and supportive to others.
Q: Where does your passion come from?
A. “My passion comes from within,” I would say.
Q: What makes you smile the most?
A.Witnessing someone's happiness and growth: Someone's smile will surely brighten up my face with a smile too.
Q: What music makes you cry?
A. Emotional / heartwarming music will never fail to make me cry.
Q: What little thing makes you the most grateful to be alive?
A. Love towards the world is the most grateful gift.
Q: What motivates you to get up and start on your hard days?
A. My motto motivates me when life gets hard; I keep on telling this to myself. “Earn to give earn to share”- Bernadine Jayasinghe. At the same time when you truly love what you do, you will get up however hard the day or the situation is. Entrepreneurship motivates me to get up and keep running too.
Q: How do you find strength when you are going through hardships?
A. I believe that your strength should be you no matter what. And it is a fact that everyone has ups and downs in life; it's all about how we face it, learn from it, experience, understand and keep moving towards the set goal. Life is an obstacle race, we need to face it with confidence and reach the final destination with an attitude of never giving up.
Q: What family member do you call when you have good news to share?
A. My mother is my strength and my pillar of success.
Q: Who inspires you to live your best life?
A. We are being blessed with one life, so inspire yourself to live your life to its fullest and be the inspiration you want to see. Start writing your own story.
Q: What are your best memories of speaking?
A. Speaking in South Korea in front of a massive audience from more than 10 countries can be taken out as one of unforgettable experiences in my life: Especially the moment where people congratulated and complimented about my speech.
Q: What speakers make you want to give up?
A. I believe in positive thinking, therefore I grab the motivating points only, and don't focus on the negative points.
Q: How do you divide your time between delivering ideas and creating them?
A. Most of the time I put more effort and invest more time in order to create, than the time I invest to deliver: You should keep in mind that In order to deliver well you need to create it well too. I start researching, analyzing and creating them at night after work.
Q: When you have to confront someone do you choose to stand strong, or to not say anything at all?
A.I will try to understand the situation and think strategically. I will surely stand strong.
Q: What person made you believe in love?
A. My mother.
Q: Do you believe in fate and that everything happens for a reason?
A. Yes I do, but if you work extremely hard and do the right thing always (do good) you can write your story.
Q: What makes you most proud of yourself?
A. I'm happy to say that I'm proud that no title or achievement was able to change me. I keep my feet on the ground. The more I achieve the more humble I like to be.
Q: When in a crisis, do you act calmly or do you automatically freak out?
A. Most of the time I act calmly yet it all depends according to the situation. Most of the time I believe freaking out will waste your time and lead to make a wrong decision, being calm and thinking strategically will definitely help to find the best solution
Q: What keeps you up at night?
A. Entrepreneurship dreams and love for work will always make me awake.
If there was one charity you could donate to, which would you choose?
Sponsor students for education
Q: What is the one quality you need in a significant other?
Q: Where do you envision yourself in five years from now?
A. You'll witness it in five years from now
Solution must be acceptable to Tamils Separate State is not a reasonable request - Former Army Commander, General Gerry De Silva RWP, VSV, USP
- UN damns Lanka 14,000 minors in childcare centres Calls for urgent reforms
- Russia restricts Lanka tea over beetle scare Top-level delegation off to Moscow
- Call to criminalize marital rape Justice Ministry seeks Cabinet approval
- Jumbo killings Armed protection unit to be set up Fines, jail terms to be increased
- Crossovers loom prior to polls
- SC issues notice on Elections Chief
- Jilted SLFP shuns JO forever
- CEB TU threatens strike Gives 18th as ultimatum
- Gnanasara Thera’s request for foreign travel denied
- Chinese envoy says OBOR will take Sino-Lanka ties to new level
- Police Chief in pre-poll warning Errant officers will be dealt with strictly
- Court extends Stay Order on Gota case
- Sriyani as State Minister of PCs and LG JO crossover pledged support for MS
- Rains to prevail Landslide warning to Galle, Kalutara to be reviewed
- BJP lauds ‘Ram Setu’ findings Hits out at critics
- Two held for impersonation at exam centre
- Female Genital Mutilation Advice sought from medical experts
- Hambantota Port to China India raises security concerns
- Indian Air Force Chief at passing out parade
- Statement from the Embassy of the State of Palestine
- LG Governance first to collapse in N&E
- Asgiriya Secy criticizes Govt
- Namal’s Hello Corp case on 13 December
- Attanayake’s foreign travel request Court to consider on 4 Dec
- Drugs & alcohol abuse in NE Religious reps to address issue
- Interesting battle at Havelock Park
- Thurstan win inaugural golf tourney
- History making Pulisic US men’s footballer of the year
- Knicks down Nets despite early exit for Porzingis
- 34th Mercantile Individual Tournament 2017 McLarens shuttlers Overall Champions
- Retired Hewitt takes tilt at Aussie Open doubles
- Lamborghini World Final 2017 Malagamuwa finishes third
- Committee clears Thilaka as SL coach
- Basnayake uncontested president at SLCF
- Premier League Club Cricket Primosh scores second ton
- Vinod and Taniya win Junior golf titles
- Taveesh wins two Gold medals
- Austin Waugh, in Australia's U-19
- CH come back to win
- Smith foils England again
- Emphatic win for CR
- No Malinga in T20 squad
- ‘Singer Trophy’ Under-19 Cricket Paceman Bandara steers Kingwood
- Federer voted BBC overseas sports personality of the year
- SLC looking to re-launch showpiece T20 league
- Astron wins again at SLIM NASCO 2017
- NDB brings Santa to the doorstep
- Com Bank opens branch No. 259 in Yatiyantota
- Amãna Takaful relocates Matale Branch
- Lotus Tyres rewards sales agents
- DFCC Bank sponsors 2017 Inter-School Golf Tournament
- Huawei announces Christmas promotion
- Elephant House recognized by Interbrand
- Singer (Sri Lanka) partners with Pan Asia Bank
- Disney deal suggests the Tax bill may mean little for the economy
- Commonwealth Bank admits failures in money laundering case
- Japanese business confidence hits 11-year high
- Eurozone economy to grow at faster rate, says Central Bank
- SEC to mandate dual roles for CEOs & Chairmen
- Alumex to commence EU & Aus exports
- Fiscal Policy Act remains toothless: Governor
- Samantha Rajapaksa gives up all AMW posts
- 'Publish excuses for corporate governance non-compliance'
- Jetwing Symphony IPO oversubscribed
- Shares recover from an 8-month low
- Christmas cheer is in the air!
- So, this is Christmas!
- A Time of Gifts Winding up
- Landmine deaths soar in 2016 With record number of child victims monitors
- Unravelling Nietzsche’s ‘death of God’ mystery
- Canada’s pivot to China hits a snag
- Brexit: The UK’s four options
- When the heart calls out, on a starry night
- On eve of climate summit Macron reminds Trump of ‘responsibility to history’
- FGM/FGC Victims speak out
- Wigneswaran sowing seeds of communalism
- SLFP supports devolution of power – Lasantha Alagiyawanna
- If Bond scammers are not prosecuted…President will lose his credibility –Bandula Gunawardena
- All information security issues are not cyber crimes
- We want a change in Muslim representation– Hasen Ali
- Blessed are the peacemakers
- Disinformation campaigns and public mistrust
- Alleged human rights violations Lord Naseby defends Sri Lanka
- Neecha Dosha of planets and how it is cancelled Neechabhanga Rajayoga
- Vastu defects and bathrooms
- Are you endowed with Pancha Maha PurushaYoga?
- God Aiyanayake: Guardian Deity of Jungle and Village
- Good thoughts eliminate bad planetary influence
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Two documentaries on Sri Lanka in Film South Asia 2017
- Politics of nostalgia
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- Silvia Senanayake Dazzles at Mrs. Asia International
- Let’s Taco Colombo
- THE WRITER’S KITCHENNETTE MULLED WINE
- Hunger gnaws at Rohingya Children in camps
- Defeating IS Russia has ‘accomplished’ task
- Saudi Princess Ameera Aidan fights sex exploitation
- Hacking into the gate
- Review: A Bad Moms Christmas Relatable holiday humour
- A must watch superhero film!