Top Five Picks with Glamour
By Shafiya Nawzer
Today, it’s not just females that are turning heads and creating waves. The men are also causing a serious stir. Far more than just a nice face and defined body, male models are multi-talented stars redefining what it means to be handsome. Fashion is fickle.
Seasons change, trends pass by and what’s in one day is out the next. Despite the cyclical trends in fashion, certain men’s clothing essentials such as a pale blue button-down shirt, dark indigo jeans, or a pair of fresh white tennis shoes will always keep you looking fresh, no matter the time of year.
Sheymon Rauff was born and bred in Colombo and hails from a family with a business background. On the other hand, he always shared a passion for the entertainment industry. He has been keen on music, acting, modelling, and the leisure industry since his childhood.
Having been exposed to the limelight at a young age, he eventually took part in a modelling pageant and emerged as the title winner of Mr. Sri Lanka for Mr. Universe in 2017. Sheymon’s sense of style ranges from casual to party wear according to the occasion.
His iconic beard, tailored shirts, and allaround menswear lend his modern style an edgy appeal. “Our style expresses who you are to the world. I like to keep it simple,” he explained. As a professional model Sheymon has modelled for many leading international and local brands.
His personal favourite’s apparel is streetwear and suits. After completing his pageant in 2017, he moved to the UAE. Since then, he has worked with many wellknown directors and producers from the Bollywood and Kollywood industries as an assistant casting director. One of Sheymon’s many talents is being able to speak eight languages, therefore; it easily allowed him to kickstart his music career.
“I speak eight languages and move with so many different people from all over the world so I find that every language has its way of expressing itself. That is where my creativity and inspiration comes from”, he stated.
- Here are Sheymon’s top five styling tips for men n Inspect your wardrobe: Lay your favourite clothes on your bed or a table. Choose the pieces that you like or wear often. Think of all the possible combinations of clothing.
- Determine how you want to appear to others: Think about the terms you want others to say about you. For example, some days you may want to look casual, sophisticated, bold, or smart. Write these words down in a list and think about your style choices that can help you fulfil these terms.
- Find a fashion archetype: There are many different categories of fashion that can help you refine your search for the perfect style. You may find that you confide in just one archetype or that many fit your personality
- Consider your lifestyle: Think about the different types of clothing you need for various occasions in your life; about the different social and professional situations that you may find yourself in during a typical week. Think about how you dress for each one: How do you dress for work? What types of activities do you do with friends? What types of special events (such as weddings)? What do you wear there?
- Set your fashion goals like and identify the gaps in your style: Find clothes that better fit you. Buy more jackets and clothing that you can layer. Find more accessories that you can mix and match. Increase your shoe selection or start wearing bolder colours.