Gazette for banning 11 terrorist organisations issued
The Extraordinary Gazette notification banning 11 terrorist and extremist organisations has been issued today (14), signed by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
Attorney General Dappula de Livera authorised the prescription of 11 organisations connected to extremist activities on 07 April.
The proscribed organisations are as follows;
1. United Thawheed (Thowheedh) Jamma’ath (UTJ)
2. Ceylon Thawheed (Thowheedh) Jamma’ath (CTJ)
3. Sri Lanka Thawheed (Thowheedh) Jamma’ath (SLTJ)
4. All Ceylon Thawheed (Thowheedh) Jamma’ath (ACTJ)
5. Jamiyathul Ansaari Sunnathul Mohomadiya (JASM) alias Jamma’ath Ansaaris Sunnathil Mohomadiya Organization alias All Ceylon Jam-E- Athu Ansaris Sunnathil Mohammadiya alias Ansaris Sunnathil Mohammadiya Association alias Jama’ath Ansaris Sunnathil Mohammadiya
6. Dharul Adhar alias Jamiul Athar Mosque alias Dharul Athar Quran Madrasa alias Dharul Aadhaar Ath’thabawiyya
7. Sri Lanka Islamic Student Movement (SLISM) alias Jamia
8. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) alias Al – Dawlah al – Islamiah Dawla Islamia
9. AL – Qaeda
10. Save the Pearls alias Save the Pearl Society
11. Super Muslim