Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) issued a press release yesterday stating that Sri Lanka T20 captain Thisara Perera extended a formal invitation to the India national team last afternoon to participate for the Tri-nation T20 Series "Nidahas Trophy 2018".
Latest News - Sports
The finals of the Dialog President's Gold Cup Volleyball Championship will commence today at the Sugathadasa Stadium. The championship was organized by the Sri Lanka Volleyball Federation (SLVF).
By Nadeesha Chathuranga
A thrilling match is expected when CH & FC confront Navy Sports Club at the Race Course today.
Sri Lanka eye series win SL’s charter flight was unable to take off after four hours at airport on Monday
Sri Lanka will take on India in the second ODI eyeing a series win at Mohali today. Sri Lanka scored an upset win at Dharmasala on Sunday and lead the series 1-0. Sri Lanka had to go through some rough time off the field due to rain at Dharmasala. On Monday, they spent four hours at the airport with their chartered flight unable to take off. They returned to their hotels and only flew to Mohali yesterday on the eve of their second ODI.
China's Henan Shaolin Kung Fu show organized by the Association for Sri Lanka – China Social and Cultural Cooperation, Sri Lanka – China Friendship Association, Sri Lanka – China Society and Sri Lanka – China Journalists' Forum in collaboration with the Chinese Embassy will pay a visit to Sri Lanka from 11 to 18 December 2017.
Sri Lanka fast bowler Suranga Lakmal led an inspired pace attack to an emphatic seven-wicket win over India in the first one-day international in Dharamsala on Sunday. Lakmal returned career-best ODI figures of 4-13 to help dismiss India for just 112, with Sri Lanka achieving the target in 20.4 overs and taking a 1-0 lead in the three-match series.
Medical experts are to examine whether India was right to hold a Test Match against Sri Lanka during hazardous smog in New Delhi, the game's world governing body said Friday.
Sri Lanka's Premier League Inter-Club Cricket tournament domestic season 2017/18 starts today.
The Annual General Meeting of the Sri Lanka Cycling Federation (SLCF) has been postponed once again to 18 December. This is the third time the election has been postponed and several reasons have been given, said a source to Ceylon Today.
The annual Sri Lanka Cyber Games (SLCG) eSports Championship will be returning this year on 8, 9 and 10 December 2017 at the Sri Lanka Exhibition and Convention Centre. SLCG is organized by Gamer.LK and powered by Dialog Gaming for the 5th year, states a press release.
A seven member Sri Lanka Junior Para team will leave to Dubai tomorrow to compete in the Asian Junior Para Championship scheduled to be held from 10 to 14 December.
The World Cup of Golf will be held in Melbourne for a third consecutive time in 2018, organizers said Tuesday, with 28 teams teeing off at the Metropolitan club.
- India joins Wassenaar Arrangement
- A story of two blockades New York City and Yemen
- Merkel’s Germany: Shaper or Taker of a United Europe?
- Wiggy request voters to elect honest politicians
- No Natural Disasters but man-made ones –Prof. Gomes
- Rejected nomination lists SLPP packed with incompetent people – Sagala
- ‘Samurdhi Shakthi’ to be launched To showcase Samurdhi families’ talents
- Chinese worker plunges to his death at Mahabage
- Garbage mounts at Gampaha Hospital Row over incinerator
- LG Elections JVP offers protection to ‘clean’ officials
- SLFP to launch manifesto this week
- President at SLMA
- Scuffle inside temple premises Chief Monk, two others injured
- Postal Unions threaten to Strike Demand for a ‘Closed Service’
- Russian ban on Lankan tea Govt ignored earlier warning - Udayanga
- Govt has no foreign policy - Namal
- CEB unions in strike threat Over simmering bonus issue
- Malaysian PM arrives
- Russian tea row President to contact Putin
- Beetle in Lankan tea shipment to Russia Exporter to be spared says Pethiyagoda
- Canadian Police probe ‘suspicious’ deaths of billionaire couple
- Stock Market Investor losses extend to Rs 94B
- Use of polythene in political rallies CEA to take on offenders
- Draft Legislation HRCSL advice not sought – UN Experts
- Drugs and drug users on the increase
- Sri Lanka dismissed for 215 in 3rd ODI
- Bowling in T10 can help T20 skills - Amir
- Dialog Champions League Java Lane beat Navy SC
- Army in nerve racking win
- Russia making progress over doping says Coe
- Australia close to Ashes glory
- County grind 'sucks pace' out of England quicks Finn
- Nidahas Trophy 2018 SL skipper formally invites India SLC
- One dead as fans clash after Algeria derby
- Real retains Club World Cup
- SLTB AND TEA CHAIRMEN ENDORSE NO PERIL, BUT AUCTION PRICES COULD DIP
- Commercial agriculture in Wet Zone will reap high rice yields CBSL Governor Dry Zone yields low, measures needed to arrest disturbing trend
- Treasury sells dollars to CBSL From H’tota Port proceeds
- Unions go back on their word - SriLankan Chairman
- Make up your minds – Harsha tells businessmen
- Recognition for SL power supplier
- Rupee down 2.54-2.61% YoY
- GDP rate shows positive trend
- Asian stocks come under pressure as dollar struggles
- Way forward for village power producers Team Up With Large Developers WB
- Changing Political Horizons in Sri Lanka?
- Modi’s Gujarat:Installing a Rahul Gandhi Government
- Protect Wilpattu Movement set in motion 5K strong turnout march in peaceful protest to UN office & handover petition
- Concretes & Abstracts Faith, Wayside Shrines & Urban Sprawl
- TGTE using Lawyers to challenge SL’s 6th amendment
- Nat Assets during Prabhakaran’s and Ranil’s heydays
- Mexican drug wars:Women murders on the rise
- Ahead of the LG Polls Identifying 500,000 untagged Lankans!
- Indian movie moguls Avoiding the Weinstein effect
- New Land Draft BiLL Political wrangling hinders ironing out complex land issues
- Maithri should not sit in a Cabinet sans SLFPers
- Wigneswaran sowing seeds of communalism
- SLFP supports devolution of power – Lasantha Alagiyawanna
- If Bond scammers are not prosecuted…President will lose his credibility –Bandula Gunawardena
- All information security issues are not cyber crimes
- Sirisena Presidency - A Parallax View As foretold by Sobhitha Hamuduruwo
- Blessed are the peacemakers
- Disinformation campaigns and public mistrust
- Millennials and Marriages
- Abu Dhabi to acquire ‘Salvator Mundi’
- MacOs High Sierra security fix
- Are Lemurs Going Extinct?
- An Echo of Womanhood
- Kemadruma Yoga An evil yoga cancelling all other favourable yogas
- Sun into Sagittarius ‘Kona Month’ has just begun
- Inviting wrath of goddess Lakshmi
- Five Yoga Poses to Calm Your Mind
- Rahu in 7th House and marriage
- The Disaster Artist: The (un)making of a movie
- Our children and our cinema
- INTERPRETING ASIAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AHEAD
- How Sanskrit journalism is slowly hogging headlines
- ice manufacturing in South Asia
- CMSC’s season finale concert
- Kite Surfing Lanka Kalpitiya An experience of a lifetime
- Ella and mini Adam’s Peak
- A cave of history -Ravana Cave
- I don’t get asked out
- Homemade apple & Chocolate Bodywash
- THE WRITER’S KITCHENETTE HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES Grinch Cupcakes
- New York Blast Terror charges filed against NY bomber
- Saga of Kohukumbure Rate Rala
- Attygalle murder and John Kotelawala Senior’s suicide