Elephant electrocuted in Inamaluwa

0
34

Sigiriya Wildlife Department officers said that the wild elephant whose carcass was found in the Inamaluwa area in Sigiriya had been electrocuted.

Officers said investigations conducted into the pachyderm’s death had revealed that this was the reason for its tragic demise.

They stated that the carcass had been located on yam cultivation behind a tourist inn in the Inamaluwa area and was found on 22 August. According to wildlife officers the animal would have been about 12- years at the time of its death. Meanwhile, Wildlife officers had already made submissions to the Dambulla Chief Magistrate in this regard and the woman operating the tourist inn is to be produced in Court shortly.

 BY K. K. Ariyadasa – Dambulla